The Mobility Planners’ approach to Comprehensive Operations Analysis combines traditional ridecheck analysis with market segment analysis. Mobility Planners utilizes boarding and alighting data, origin-destination data, transfer analysis, on-board surveys, open houses, and driver focus groups to go beyond the numbers to understand the following:
- Is the route alignment efficient and effective and serving sufficient transit production and attraction activity centers?
- From the customer standpoint, are passengers able to get where they need to go in a reasonable amount of time?
- How is the route segment and route serving different market segments?
- Does the individual route segment and route contribute to an effective system of public transportation?
- Are customers satisfied with the perception of schedule adherence compared to actual schedule adherence?
- Is there sufficient running time and layover time in the schedule? Are the intervals between timepoints sufficient?
This market-based approach to comprehensive operations analysis goes beyond the technical details to understand how transit operations can better serve existing and potential riders. Our guiding principle is: how can we best serve mobility market needs within available financial resources?
The following are project examples: